MSME means Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise and under the MSMED Act, 2006 it is mainly classified into two types:
- MANUFACTURING SECTOR: The enterprises which are engaged in manufacture or production of goods or investment in plant & machinery for processing of final product which has a distinct name or use.
- Micro Enterprises: Investment in plant & machinery should not exceed Rs.25 lakhs.
- Small Enterprises: investment in plant & machinery should not exceed Rs.5 crores.
- Medium Enterprises: The investment in plant & machinery should not exceed Rs. 10 crore.
- SERVICE SECTOR: The enterprises which are engaged in providing or rendering of services are covered under this.
- Micro Enterprises: Investment in equipment’s should not exceed Rs. 10 Lakhs
- Small Enterprises: Investment in equipment’s should not exceed Rs. 2 crores
- Medium Enterprises: Investment in equipment’s should not exceed Rs. 5 crores
SSI is one of the most important sector of the Indian economy. They contribute maximum to the country GDP in terms of exports and employment generation.
The Registration for MSME is online and it can taken by any manufacturer or service provider who is falling within the above mentioned prescribed limit. MSME/SSI Registration is voluntary and normally the business takes this registration to get the available benefit under this scheme. The government has implemented various schemes and other benefits by way of subsidy for development of the MSME sector. In order to avail this benefit the person needs to have an MSME certificate.
The procedure for registration of MSME is online. The director or any other authorized person can make an application online for MSME Registration. Aadhar card of the applicant is compulsory for making online MSME Application. The applicant needs to fill the necessary application like the business activity, nature of business entity, amount of investment in plant & machinery, number of person employed, etc. Once all the information is duly filled the authority will verify the information and then will issue the certificate under MSME.
BENEFITS OF MSME REGISTRATION
The government has provided various benefits for SSI and MSME sector like subsidies, low interest rates on loan, fast approval from state and central department, benefits to MSME on government tenders, etc. Various kinds of other infrastructure facility such as low rate on electricity and other tax exemptions are also available. Some of the other benefits are participation in international trade fare, reserve policy for such industry in particular sector as specified by the government. In this way in order to improvise and develop the SSI sector the government is organizing various programs and schemes to improve the small scale sector in India. MSME is considered to be a backbone of the Indian economy and so it becomes necessary for the government to develop this sector regularly with new innovation and other financial grants to improve the economy of the country.